India is one of the most interesting tourist places in the world and what makes it all the more exciting is the eclectic collection of towns and cities that it boasts of. Well if you are thinking about paying a visit to India, then there is one city that both international as well as domestic tourists should visit- Ahmedabad.
Located in Gujarat, this city is the heart and soul of the state. Apart from being home to the best hotels in Ahmedabad, there are a lot of interesting places to see and experience here. If you are wondering why it is imperative that you visit this city of Gujarat, here are some reasons that you won’t be able to ignore:
- The most important place to visit in Ahmedabad has actually located a few kilometers away from the city- the Sabarmati Ashram. This was built by Gandhiji during his lifetime particularly to promote a life which was devoid of casteism and where nobody was inferior to anybody. It was also an attempt to ensure that people led a simple life where everybody made their items of daily need with their own hands. It is one of the most interesting places to turn back to and visit if you want to get a flavor of Gandhiji’s works. Today it is an interesting archive of data and documents from that time.
- The other thing for which Ahmedabad is pretty well known is the Kankaria Lake. This is the largest lake in the city and is very beautiful. A lot of people go to this lake in the evening to relax and enjoy the lovely decoration. Apart from the Kankaria Lake, you should also visit the Jhulta Minara, which is actually a set of two minarets where when one is shaken, the other one vibrates.
- Well, if you literally want to spice it up a little in Ahmedabad, you can head out for some midnight good old Ahmedabadi chat at the Manek Chowk night market. Street food vendors line the street of this area and you will be able to enjoy some of the most delicious snacks that this city has to offer. And if it is the taste of the Gujarati thali is what you are looking for, then any roadside stall will be ideal for your visit!
- There is another place too that you have to visit. Book a car from any one of the Ahmedabad resorts where you will be staying and plan a trip to Dada Hari ka wav. Ahmedabad is particularly known for its step wells which were mainly used for rainwater harvesting. These wells have lovely miniature cravings which are worth enjoying.
- And last but not the least, one big reason to visit Ahmedabad is the kite festival. It is celebrated here on the midweek of January and a lot of people come from all across Asia to take part in the festivities. This is a one of a kind festival to be celebrated in India.
Do you really need any more reasons to visit Ahmedabad? So pack your bags and plan your trip today!